Saturday, March 13, 2010

Trinidad Carnival 2010



Some say that Carnival is "The Greatest Show on Earth." In my opinon that is an understatement! Carnival is really & truly the best thing since Cable TV. Wait, perhaps Carnival may have come before Cablevision. Any-who,lets begin by recapping the trip. I traveled down alone. First and definetly not last traveling alone. I was able to listen to gossip and trading of numbers of the people in front of me. The elderly man next to me pretty much passed out & the stuartess poured cold water on him(not cool). However, when I landed in Trinidad, all my worries went away. I was delighted to engulf my first two pieces of Trinidad KFC the night of my arrival. Once we got "up de hill," I stayed up till 3am watching Soca Monarch. That was my first official taste of PALANCE. Palance won Power Soca Monarch, kudos to JW&Blaze! FayAnn deserved Groovy Monarch but, whatever! The next morning was Kiddies Carnival. Between my parents "Palancing" and my grandparent's complaining, it was an interesting experience. Later on, was Dawn, the best carnival fete I'd been too! Judging that we were in VIP, far away from the "bacchanal." Every major artist was there. FayAnn, Bunji, Serani, Schurwayne, 3Suns, Benjai, Dil-E-Nadan, Buffy(ah whining on anyting), Denise Belfon, Patch, Blaxx, Probelm Child & the list goes on. Performances were 2 thumbs UP! We didn't get back till way in the morning, they don't call it Dawn for nothing! Carnival Sunday served as time to finally rest, since my sleep patterns were completely out of order! But, Carnival Monday was full of jumping up! Carnival is a more informal version of Carnival Tuesday. Legacy, the band I played with gave me a XXL shirt and a white loose fabric. Being that I'm an XS, I was a bit fascinated as to how the expected me to fit a XXL. But, I was able to wrap the loose fabric in a trendy way. Carnival Monday is when I established my love for the song Anything-Buffy! "Woman wining on anytingg, man wining on anyting" Carnival Tuesday is the real "She-Bang." My costumed fit great, thanks to Legacy! We were portraying Masala, which was essentially an Indian theme. Nothing about the costumes were Indian. The only band to truly achieve the Indian theme was Island People. However,I must have heard Palance 5000 on Carnival Tuesday. "Palance fuh de road." My personal choice for Road march, however, was FayAnn's True Lies. But, I still palancedddddd through Port of Spain! Now, it's all over and I cant stop recapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment